When you come to Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center for your treatment, we are here to not only treat your disease but to also make sure you are supported throughout your care. Clinical patient navigators can help you and your family “navigate” through Fred Hutch and provide community resources at any point.
Cancer affects many areas of your life, including finances, employment, relationships and daily routines. Patient navigators are culturally sensitive staff who are here to help guide you through your time at Fred Hutch, so you can focus on taking care of yourself. They help with medical transportation and lodging, financial and insurance concerns, medication co-pays and other practical issues when people face a cancer diagnosis. Patient navigators identify local and national resources to address these needs while offering information and emotional support.
How we support you
When you contact our team, we will talk with you to figure out your needs and connect you with supportive resources. The service is free for patients, families and caregivers.
- Practical assistance such as transportation, lodging and social services
- Cultural bridging to help you communicate with your providers
- Help finding support groups, classes and other programs
- Resources to work through financial, job‑related and insurance concerns
- Guidance navigating the health care system, and much more