The documents below are intended for individuals involved in the conduct of research at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA). If you have questions about this information or are looking for something that is not posted, please contact the Research Implementation Office (RIO) at (206) 606-6607.
RIO facilitates the implementation of new research studies into the clinic and inpatient oncology environments to ensure that all operational issues are addressed prior to study participant accrual occurring.
Research Lab Request Form and Support Documents
- Research Lab Request Forms
These forms are used at SCCA and UWMC inpatient cancer units to collect samples to be sent to a research lab for processing and analysis. There is a new specific form for blood samples only and a separate form to be used for urine, bone marrow aspirate or biopsy, and/or other biopsies. These forms should be printed on purple paper.
- Research Lab Request Whole Blood Form (MS Word)
- Urine Research Sample Request Form (MS Word)
- Bone Marrow Aspiration/Other Research Sample Request Form (MS Word)
- Research Lab Request Guidelines (PDF)
These guidelines are a resource to help in the completion of a research lab request form based on the type of sample requested, the handling requirements and the transportation pathway.
- Research Lab Request Process Flows
These flow charts illustrate the paths for obtaining research blood samples, from use of the request form through sample collection and transport. There are separate process flows for the locations where most research samples are collected, including Alliance Lab, Radiology Observation, Infusion Services/Clinical Trials Unit, and UWMC inpatient cancer units (7NE and 8NE).
- Example Research Lab Request Forms (PDF)
This includes examples of how a research lab request form should be completed for different scenarios.
- Example Research Transport Slips (PDF)
This includes examples of how a transport or routing slip should be completed for different scenarios.
- Priority Research Label Template (MS Word)
This template may be used to print Priority Research labels for use on research lab request forms at SCCA. The label size is 1” x 2-5/8” (Avery 5972).
- Research Specimen Courier Information (MS Word) - version date 8/20/13 This document explains the hours of operation, contact information and details for scheduling Research Specimen Courier Transport.