Dr. Garcia is a pathologist who specializes in pathology and cytology for gynecologic and breast pathology.
Pathology and cytology
- Professor, Department of Pathology, University of Washington School of Medicine
- Director of Breast and Gynecologic Pathology Fellowship, Medical Director of Gross Room, and Director of Surgical Pathology Fellowship Training, University of Washington
- Medical Education: University of Washington School of Medicine
- Residency and Fellowship: University of Washington
- Dr. Garcia was recognized as a 2016 "Top Doctor" in Seattle magazine's annual survey.
- Read more about Dr. Garcia's work at UW Medicine.
Dr. Rochelle Garcia views herself as a strong diagnostic general pathologist with expertise in gynecologic and breast pathology. She is devoted to teaching in these areas and particularly devoted to teaching residents and medical students how to practice thoughtful, patient-centered, and cost-effective diagnostic pathology and how to communicate via written and verbal reports effectively with clinicians and patients. One of her strongest goals is teaching about and clarifying notions about general concepts such as neoplasm, intraepithelial neoplasm, and what is "cancer." She is involved in multiple collaborative research efforts with gynecologic oncologists and is particularly interested in furthering our knowledge and understanding about ovarian and fallopian tube neoplasm.
A relatively recent interest is in international pathology, including volunteer efforts in Kenya and mentoring residents with an interest in providing pathology services to underserved areas.