Dr. Dey is a gastroenterologist treating patients with gastrointestinal cancers.
Listen to the patient. Work together to generate a treatment plan. Value quality of life when considering management decisions.
- Assistant Member, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Assistant Professor, University of Washington
- BA: Harvard University
- MD: Yale School of Medicine
- Residency: University California, San Francisco
- Fellowship: University of California, San Francisco
Prior to joining the team at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Neelendu Dey, MD, was a faculty member at Washington University in St. Louis for six years. Dr. Dey enjoys working in healthcare because it provides him with the opportunity to help others while satisfying his interest in science.
In addition to seeing patients in clinic, Dr. Dey is also involved in research. As a gastroenterologist, he is interested in unlocking the therapeutic potential of the gut microbiome.
Dr. Dey hopes that customized preventative strategies are based not only on genetics in the future, but also on cultural and environmental exposures (such as diet).