Dr. True is a pathologist at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance.
- Co-director, Prostate Cancer Tissue Bank, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- Member, Prostate Cancer Leadership Committee, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- Affiliate member, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- MD: Tulane University School of Medicine
- Internship: University of Washington
- Residency: University of Colorado School of Medicine
Lawrence True, M.D. is a board certified pathologist at UW Medical Center and a UW professor of Pathology and adjunct professor of Urology. He co-directs the Prostate Cancer Tissue Bank and is a member of the Prostate Cancer Leadership Committee at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance and an affiliate member of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
Dr. True became a physician wanting to help patients, first in college as a volunteer at Boston City Hospital. As a diagnostic pathologist he has experienced the reward of helping patients by communicating the pathology of their disease.
Dr. True earned his M.D. from Tulane University. He is a member of regional, national and international pathology societies. As a grant-funded clinician scientist, he has served on multiple NIH study sections.
In his free time, Dr. True enjoys mountaineering, watercolors of landscapes, photography and growing tomatoes.