Dr. Crews is a medical oncologist who treats patients in the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Survivorship Clinic. She is the medical director of SCCA Network and Research Integration.
I want to engage patients as active participants in healthcare that focuses on their physical, spiritual and psychosocial needs and preferences.
- Medical Director, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Network
- Medical Director, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Research Integration
- Associate Clinical Professor, University of Washington School of Medicine
- BS: Biology with highest honors, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- MD: Duke University School of Medicine
- Master of Medical Management: Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California
- Residency: Duke University Medical Center
- Fellowship: Duke University Medical Center
- Medical Oncology
Jennie Crews, MD, MMM, has always had a love for science and initially saw herself in a career of basic research.
"However, I found that I missed the personal interaction with those who are impacted directly by the advances in care that research brings," she says. "Healthcare allows me the opportunity to have that connection between the science and those who benefit from it."
Oncologists often meet their patients during the most stressful period of their lives and immediately become intensely involved in their lives. Dr. Crews says the resulting relationships with patients and their caregivers are personally and professionally meaningful to her and can last beyond the time she is an active member in the patient's healthcare team. "I love routinely hearing from former patients and caregivers!"
Along with being the medical director of Network and Research Integration at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Dr. Crews also sees patients at the SCCA Survivorship Clinic and is involved in clinical trials.
As patients are living longer, with or without active cancer, Dr. Crews hopes that we expand our focus on wellness and well-being. "I also hope that we use technology to engage patients more directly and to enhance care delivery in the communities where patients live," she says.
Outside of work, Dr. Crews enjoys running, mountain biking, traveling, cooking and reading.