Dr. Park is a surgical oncologist who works on the pancreas cancer care team at SCCA and at the liver tumor clinic at UW Medical Center.
"I believe that there is no greater example of trust that a human being can place in another than that of a patient entrusting his or her life to the hands of a surgeon. Therefore, I treat and teach my trainees to treat every patient as if he or she were family.
"I strive to provide a very personalized management plan for each patient that balances the most current evidence-based treatment with the patients wishes and beliefs, recognizing that quality is just as important - if not more - as quantity of life."
Dr. Park's clinical practice is focused on the treatment of benign and malignant diseases of the liver, gall bladder, bile duct, pancreas, and upper gastrointestinal tract. He is an active member of the UWMC Multidisciplinary Liver Tumor Clinic and the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Pancreas Cancer Specialty Clinic. He is pioneering minimally invasive robotic surgery for complex hepatobiliary and pancreatic diseases. His research lab studies cancer-targeted imaging and treatment using nanotechnology.
- Associate Professor, Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgical Oncology, University of Washington School of Medicine
- Medical Degree: Univ. of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 1998
- Residency: University of Chicago Hospitals
- Fellowship: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Dr. Park was recognized in 2014 as a "Top Doctor" in Seattle Met magazine's annual survey.
- Dr. Park was recognized in 2015 as a "Top Doctor" in Seattle magazine's annual survey.
- Languages: English, Korean