Dr. Linden is an academic breast cancer specialist and is active in clinical and translational research including estrogen receptor targeted therapies. She enjoys the opportunity to learn more about the science of breast cancer and how to integrate advances in science into patient care.
I enjoy getting to know patients and helping them make treatment choices which fit with their goals and beliefs. I also enjoy participating in breast cancer research and the opportunity to learn more about the science of breast cancer. My job is to help educate patients about what we are learning about breast cancer diagnosis and treatments, and determine how to integrate advances in science into their care.
Endocrine treatment of breast cancer, investigational breast cancer clinical treatments, molecular imaging, improving care of vulnerable populations.
- Professor, Division of Medical Oncology, University of Washington School of Medicine
- Member, Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- MD: University of Massachusetts, 1989
- Residency: University of Arizona Medical Center, 7/90-6/92
- Fellowship, Pharmacology: University of Arizona Medical Center, 7/92-6/93
- Fellowship, Hematology: University of Washington School of Medicine, 7/93-6/94
- Senior Research Fellow in Hematology, University of Washington, 1994-2002
- 1992 - American Board of Internal Medicine
- 1997- ABIM Medical Oncology (Recertified in 2009)
Special National Responsibilities
- Co-leader, SWOG ER+ Workgroup
- Member, Cancer Lifeline Medical Advisory Board
- Member, Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Federal Advisory Committee
- A Presidential Appointment for the CDC as of 2010
- Member ACRIN-ECOG Breast Committee, Invited Speaker to Develop the First Intergroup FES multicenter trials
- Member NCI’s “QIN” (Quantitative Imaging Network) Steering Committee
- Member Breast Committee SWOG, and ER+ subgroup member
- Member, NCI’s BCSC Estrogen Eeceptor-positive (ER+) Working Group
- Member, TBCRC ER+ working group
- Member, TBCRC HER2+ working group
- Member, QIN Clinical Trial Design Development Group
- Member, NCI ER+ BCSC Committee
- Member, Editorial Board, Journal of Nuclear Medicine
- Member, Editorial Board, Breast Cancer Research
- Dr. Linden was recognized as a 2014 and 2015 "Top Doctor" in Seattle Magazine's annual survey.
- For more information about Dr. Hannah M. Linden's clinical and research expertise, click here.