Dr. Emily Ford is an internist at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance.
My goal is to work with patients and their primary teams to minimize the impact (and stress) of infections during cancer diagnosis and treatment by assisting with prevention, education, and therapies as needed. I enjoy spending time with and learning from patients and their families.
Infectious diseases, internal medicine
- Research Associate, Vaccine and Infectious Diseases Division, Fred Hutch
- Acting Instructor, Division of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, University of Washington Department of Medicine
- BA: Swarthmore College
- MD: New York University School of Medicine
- Residency: Internal medicine, University of Washington
- Fellowship: Infectious Diseases, University of Washington
- Acting Instructor, Nocturnist in Medical, Surgical and Hematology Oncology Intensive Care Units
- Clinician, Virology Clinic, University of Washington
My research is focused on the body's immune response to herpesviruses at the site of infection. We aim to learn more about the tissue-based immune system.
Outside of work, I enjoy running!