Dr. Kim is a radiation oncologist who specializes in the treatment of gastrointestinal cancers, sarcomas, intravascular brachytherapy, proton therapy, and intraoperative radiotherapy.
I believe in individualized care and making decisions with my patients as a partnership.
Sarcomas, gastrointestinal cancers (including anal, rectal, liver, pancreas, gastric and esophageal), general radiation oncology, proton therapy, intravascular brachytherapy, intraoperative radiation therapy
- Associate Professor, Radiation Oncology, University of Washington School of Medicine
- Associate Medical Director, University of Washington Medical Center Radiation Oncology Clinic
- Radiation Oncologist, SCCA Proton Therapy Center
- Radiation Oncologist, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- Radiation Oncologist, Harborview Medical Center
- Medical Education: Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, 2001
- Internship: University Hospitals of Cleveland Internal Medicine
- Residency: Case Comprehensive Cancer Center
Dr. Edward Kim is an associate professor at the UW School of Medicine. He graduated from Case Western Reserve School of Medicine in Cleveland, Ohio and completed his residency at the Case Comprehensive Cancer Center. He is board certified by the American Board of Radiology. Prior to joining the UW Medicine and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance in 2010, he was an assistant professor at the Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Dr. Kim’s practice focuses on gastrointestinal malignancies, sarcomas, intravascular brachytherapy, intraoperative radiotherapy and proton therapy.
He is a member of the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) Education Committee, Councilor for the American College of Radiology, Chair for the Radiation Oncology Scientific Program Committee for the Radiological Society of North America (2015 – 2018), and member of the Connective Tissue Oncology Society. He has published many peer-reviewed articles and book chapters on the use of radiation therapy in cancer treatment and co-authored the radiation oncology textbook: Gastrointestinal Malignancies: A Practical Guide on Treatment Techniques.
A firm believer in patient-centered care, Dr. Kim strives to create an environment where patients are welcome and feel comfortable. He is committed to spending extra time with his patients and their family members to answer questions and empower them in the healing process. He believes in working with patients to ensure that they can continue their lives while undergoing radiation treatment.