Dr. Godwin is a hematology oncologist at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance.
As a physician, my hope is to provide information, guidance and support for all my patients, so they can successfully navigate the challenges of blood cancers and achieve their personal treatment goals.
- Acting Instructor, Division of Hematology, UW School of Medicine
- BA: Biology, Amherst College, Amherst MA
- M.Phil: Medical Sciences, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
- MD: Washington University in Saint Louis, Saint Louis, MO
- Residency: Internal Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine
- Fellowship: Hematology/Oncology, University of Washington/Fred Hutch
I decided to work in healthcare, because medicine, particularly hematology, seemed like an ideal mix of scientific cutting edge work and personal connection with patients. Cancer patients, despite often painful diagnoses, inspire me with their resilience. It is a privilege to care for cancer patients as they face tremendous challenges. For research, I work in the laboratory to help develop new immunotherapies for AML and other related disorders.
I hope that we will achieve cures or long-term disease control for the majority of patients with hematologic cancers.
Outside of work, I enjoy running, playing soccer and spending time with family.