Join Heather Cheng, MD, PhD, Director of the SCCA Prostate Cancer Genetics Clinic, and genetic counselor, Lauren Facchini for a discussion on the intersection of genetic testing for inherited mutations and biomarker testing in prostate cancer.
- Recognizing the difference between germline and somatic genetic testing and main categories of methods to test each and their strengths and limitations
- Identifying prostate cancer patients who should be offered genetic testing
- Illustrating the role of the genetic counselor
- Demonstrating essential elements of collecting a family cancer history
- Describing the main components of pretest education
- Assessing potential implications for prostate cancer treatment and family counseling
- Recognizing additional resources available
For genitourinary oncology referrals, contact:
- Phone: (206) 606-8300
- Fax: (206) 606-2216
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our online referral form is available here
For CME credit, view this webinar on Medscape.