Phase I clinical trials evaluate innovative new therapies in people for the first time, are critical to future patients, who may benefit from today’s breakthroughs, and to the health care industry, which is searching for tomorrow’s cures.
The Phase 1 Program at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance is the first academic-based program of its kind for cancer research in the Pacific Northwest. We give patients the opportunity to take part in early studies and researchers the opportunity to advance development of promising therapies.
Why consider a Phase I clinical trial at SCCA?
- Our doctors, nurses, and staff have extensive expertise and the high level of technical skills and scientific knowledge that Phase I clinical trials require.
- Researchers in our Phase 1 Program have access to leading research facilities at:
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, the source of multiple medical breakthroughs and home to Nobel Prize-winning scientists
- University of Washington Medicine, where advanced technologies such as positron emission tomography (PET) make thorough research possible
- SCCA’s Clinical Trials Unit was designed with patient comfort, as well as safety, in mind. Along with our dedicated laboratory for processing Phase I clinical trials samples, the unit allows our team members to collaborate closely with each other while providing patients with the best possible care.
If you have questions or would like more information on our Phase 1 Program or a specific Phase I clinical trial at SCCA, please call (206) 606-7551.