Dr. Davidson is the executive director and president of Seattle Cancer Care Alliance.
Her life’s work has centered on advancing research, treatment and better outcomes for cancer patients. Dr. Davidson, a world-renowned physician-scientist in cancer biology and treatment, stepped into her new SCCA role Dec. 1, 2016.
Dr. Davidson is responsible for directing and managing SCCA’s affairs, including planning, organizing and coordinating cancer care, clinical research and education. In SCCA’s clinic, Dr. Davidson will care for patients with breast cancer, serving as a member of the breast cancer team at SCCA.
For Dr. Davidson, quality cancer care and seeking better treatments for patients have been a deeply personal matter: Her 53-year-old sister, a non-smoker, died just weeks after being diagnosed with lung cancer.
“My hope and goal in life is that no one should have to suffer from such a catastrophic illness,” Dr. Davidson said.
- Executive Director, President, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- Senior Vice President, Director, Clinical Oncology Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Professor, Head, Division of Medical Oncology, University of Washington School of Medicine
- BA: Molecular Biology, Wellesley College
- MD: Harvard Medical School
- Intern: Internal Medicine, Hospital of University of Pennsylvania
- Resident: Internal Medicine, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Medical Staff Fellow: National Cancer Institute
- President of the American Association for Cancer Research, 2016-2017
- Johns Hopkins Society Scholars, 2016
- Fellow, American College of Physicians, 2016
- Thomson Reuters Highly Cited Researchers 2014, 2014-2015
- National Academy of Medicine (formerly Institute of Medicine), 2011
- Association of American Physicians, 2010
- American Society of Clinical Oncology Gianni Bonadonna Breast Cancer Award, 2010
- 7th Rosalind E. Franklin Award for Women in Science, National Cancer Institute, 2010
- President of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, 2007-2008
The scale and scope of Dr. Nancy E. Davidson's work also spans across the cancer treatment, clinical, translational, basic sciences and public health research programs for SCCA partner organization, the Fred Hutch/ University of Washington Cancer Consortium, one of 47 National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Centers nationwide. Dr. Davidson also steps into her role as executive director of clinical oncology for the Fred Hutch/University of Washington Cancer Consortium.
Dr. Davidson leaves her post as director of the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute to join Seattle’s world-class team. Prior to joining the Pitt faculty, she served as the Breast Cancer Research Professor of Oncology and founding director of the Breast Cancer Program at Johns Hopkins University.
Dr. Davidson is a member of the scientific advisory boards for many foundations and cancer centers. A member of the National Academy of Medicine, she is a past president of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and current president of the American Association for Cancer Research.