Dr. Gore is a clinician, surgeon, researcher, and educator, who specializes in urologic oncology and general urology.
I believe in attentive and compassionate care with an eye toward patient-centered outcomes. I also believe in balancing the characteristics of patients’ cancers with the surgical approach that maximizes both cancer control and patient convalescence.
In addition to the diseases and specialties listed below, Dr. Gore specializes in minimally invasive and robotic surgery for kidney cancer, nephrectomy with vena caval thrombectomy, continent urinary diversions after removal of the bladder for bladder cancer, and reconstructive urologic surgery.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Urology, University of Washington School of Medicine
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- Residency Urology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
- Fellowship UCLA Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
- Dr. Gore was recognized as a 2014 "Top Doctor" in Seattle Met magazine's annual survey.
- Dr. Gore is one of only a handful of physician-scientists in the United States who are clinically trained in urology and fellowship trained in Health Services Research.
- Dr. Gore has focused his research on studying issues of access to care and quality of care for patients with prostate and bladder cancers.
- Visit PubMed for a full listing of Dr. John L. Gore's journal articles.