Dr. Golden is a general medical oncologist who sees patients exclusively at SCCA at EvergreenHealth.
I value getting to know my patients personally. I view caring for patients as a collaborative effort where my role involves presenting information that is understandable while offering guidance and expertise to make treatment decisions.
- Medical Oncologist, SCCA at EvergreenHealth
- Medical Degree: Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Residency: University of Washington
- Fellowship: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center/University of Washington Medical Center
- MS: Epidemiology, University of Washington
Has training and background in treating
- colorectal cancer
- breast cancer
- ovarian cancer
- endometrial cancer
- lung cancer
- head & neck cancers
- most general oncology and hematologic diseases
When Dr. Golden was a Peace Corps volunteer in Ecuador, she worked with a group of doctors whose compassion and dedication motivated her to study medicine.
"I find that I connect well with patients facing severe illness and can help give them support through a difficult time," Dr. Golden says.
Dr. Golden participates in clinical research as a collaborating investigator.
In her lifetime, Dr. Golden would like to see medicine grow toward more patient-specific, tailored diagnostic and therapeutic treatments to improve survival and lower toxicity.
When she isn't caring for patients, Dr. Golden enjoys playing classical guitar, ultimate frisbee, and spending time with her family.