Preparing for your telehealth visit
Telehealth video visits at SCCA are easy to set up. Here are some resources and tips to make sure you are ready for your video visit.
The checklist below can help prepare you for a successful telehealth visit. If you have technical problems before your visit, call UW MyChart Help Desk for Telehealth Technical Support at (206) 520-5151.
- Computer, tablet, or smart phone with a microphone and camera. Plug in your device to ensure it has battery throughout the visit.
- Internet or phone service. You will need a reliable connection to have good audio and video. Test your internet connection by joining a Zoom test meeting on https://zoom.us/test.
- The Zoom app. Make sure you have the Zoom app downloaded. Test access to your MyChart account or access the visit link from your appointment confirmation email.
- A quiet, private place with good lighting. Headphones may help you hear the provider clearly and reduce background noise. Start your visit 15 minutes early to have time to get help if there are any technical problems.
- Pen and paper. Before your appointment, write down any questions you want to ask.
What to expect during your telehealth visit
You will talk with your provider. Just like an in-person visit they will give you their recommendations and let you know what to do next.
Technical problems may happen – it is okay. Tell your provider if you cannot see or hear them. If your video or audio does not work, the provider will call you to finish the visit on the phone.