Patient and family resource center
The resource center at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is a welcoming place where patients and families can spend time learning about a specific diagnosis, treatments, support and survivorship. Our staff are available to provide support and guidance.
Following the merger of long-time partners, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, the organization was renamed to Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center. We are an independent, nonprofit organization that also serves as UW Medicine's cancer program.
Services we offer
- Digital library: We have a new digital library for patients, caregivers and family members with e-books and audiobooks on topics like meditation, yoga, nutrition during cancer treatment, advance care planning, and books for children to help cope with a parent’s diagnosis. Request a library card.
- Free health care notary: Notary services are offered to our patients and their families for documents related to a patient’s health care, such as Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care (DPOAHC) and an Advance Health Care Directive (AD). In the interest of prioritizing your safety related to COVID-19, we ask that you make an appointment for notary services. Call or email us directly. Find out more information about advance care planning and download health care directives.
- iPad lending program: Patient and family complimentary in-clinic iPad check out has been suspended for now.
- Wig fitting program: A complimentary and convenient service to Fred Hutch patients who are in active treatment. Please contact us to find out how we are completing our virtual wig fitting appointments.
- Beauty, wigs and hair-loss services: We’ve compiled a comprehensive list of businesses that donate or sell head coverings and related services. At this time, Fred Hutch is only accepting new and unused wigs. Please contact email@example.com about a donation.
- Patient events: Events hosted for patients and families featuring lectures, classes, and support groups.
- Videos that illustrate topics related to cancer care and treatment at Fred Hutch.
- Documents, such as patient care manuals, guides and brochures related to your care and treatment at Fred Hutch.
Activities and support
To ensure the safety of our patients, visitors, and staff, we have temporarily canceled all in-person classes and events.
Recommended resources have been researched and vetted by Fred Hutch health educators and are from accredited and trusted organizations. These resources are guides to information on cancers and cancer-related topics.
Please complete this form if you are looking for information or educational materials related to a specific cancer topic, need help finding a support group, would like to request a virtual wig fitting or need notary services.
We offer a collection of e-books and audiobooks. Topics include mindfulness, meditation, yoga, nutrition during cancer treatment, advance care planning and how to help children cope with a parent’s diagnosis.
Phone: (206) 606-2081
Phone: (206) 606-2082