Medical record request
To get a copy of your medical records from Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center for yourself or someone else, complete a Release of Information Authorization form. You can download the form below or get one from our office or any clinic front reception desk.
Following the merger of long-time partners, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, the organization was renamed to Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center. We are an independent, nonprofit organization that also serves as UW Medicine's cancer program.
How to request your record
There is no charge for records sent to you or your doctor. There may be a charge for records sent to insurance companies and other third parties.
In accordance with Washington state law, medical records will be responded to in no more than 15 working days from the receipt of the request, with records needed for emergency care processed in a more stat manner.
Information we need
To process your request, we need the below information filled out on the Release of Information Authorization form.
- The full name and date of birth of the patient
- The phone number of the person making the request
- The full name and address of the person or organization to receive the records
- The specific health care information you would like disclosed
- A brief description of the purpose for the disclosure
- An expiration date after which time you no longer want the request to be valid
Let us know the format you prefer for your medical records:
- Encrypted email (if file is not too large)
If you have prearranged to pick up your records in person, please be prepared to show a valid photo ID. If someone else will be picking up your records for you, we will need their name in advance and they should be prepared to show a valid photo ID.