In addition to a source of information on many aspects of cancer, the Patient & Family Resource Center is a welcoming place for patients and their families to get documents notarized, use computers and copiers, and have wigs fitted. All services and materials provided are free.
The center is located on the third floor of the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) outpatient clinic on Lake Union. It is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. We can be reached at (206) 288-2081.
Helpful Features & Tools
- Computer workstations. Seven workstations can be used for online research. Staff can assist you in navigating cancer resources available online.
- Internet connections. Available for people wishing to use their personal laptops.
- Fax machine, copier, and printer. Available for use while at SCCA. Call (206) 288-2081 to get the incoming fax number to receive a fax.
- Free notary. Available to patients who need important documents notarized.
- Wig fitting. As a convenient service to our patients, we offer respectful wig fitting.
- Lending library. Books, videos, and audiotapes are available for checkout. The library has materials that cover topics dealing with all aspects of the cancer journey. Medical textbooks are available for reference only. Some information is available in Spanish.
Activities & Support
- Calendar of SCCA activities throughout the month for patients and families.
- Community bulletin board with information on lectures, classes, and support groups in Seattle, not just at SCCA locations.
- Online social support tools to help patients and caregivers communicate with friends and family.
- The UWMC Cancer Library. Located at 8-SE of University of Washington Medical Center, this library is open 24 hours a day and has books, tapes, videos, and computers to access the Internet. For more information, call (206) 598-7880.
- Seattle Children’s Family Resource Center. Staff can help you find information, check out books and videos, and inform you about community resources. Amenities include computers with Internet access, massage for parents and caregivers, 24-hour showers, laundry, and free coffee. Call (206) 987-2201 or visit the FRC on level 7, River zone, by the Frog elevators.
- Beauty, wigs and hair-loss services. We’ve compiled a comprehensive list of businesses that donate or sell head coverings and related services.