The Patient Resource Center at our South Lake Union campus will be closed for construction November 9 to December 7. During this time, the space will be transformed into a patient waiting area and a smaller Resource Center. This change will help us better accommodate social distancing while patients wait for their appointments. When complete, the Resource Center will be staffed, and patients will have access to two computer workstations, printers and the fax machine
We encourage you to use the “Email us” feature to receive a personalized response from staff. For more in-depth questions, please fill out our information request form. Staff will respond within 2 business days.
Services we offer
- Free health care notary: Notary services are offered to our patients and their families for documents related to a patient’s health care, such as Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care (DPOAHC) and an Advance Health care Directive (AD). Find out more information about advance care planning. In the interest of prioritizing your safety related to COVID-19, we ask that you make an appointment for notary services. Call or email us directly. For notary services near SCCA, download this document.
- iPad lending program: Patient and family complimentary in-clinic iPad check out has been suspended for now.
- Wig fitting program: A complimentary and convenient service to our patients, please contact us to find out how we are completing our virtual wig fitting appointments.
- Beauty, wigs and hair-loss services: We’ve compiled a comprehensive list of businesses that donate or sell head coverings and related services.
- Lending library: Our in person lending library has been temporarily suspended. Please contact our Resource Center staff who are happy to share books, videos and audiotape suggestions, all topics dealing with aspects of your cancer journey.
- Videos that illustrate topics related to cancer care and treatment at SCCA.
- Documents, such as patient care manuals, guides and brochures related to your care and treatment at SCCA.
Activities and support
To ensure the safety of our patients, visitors, and staff, we have temporarily canceled all in-person classes and events.
- Calendar of SCCA activities throughout the month for patients and families.
- Community bulletin board with information on lectures, classes, and support groups in Seattle, not just at SCCA locations.
- Online social support tools to help patients and caregivers communicate with friends and family.
Phone: (206) 606-2081
Phone: (206) 606-2082