Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) patients go to University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC) for treatments such as surgery that require an overnight hospital stay. Some SCCA patients also get outpatient care at UWMC, particularly for prostate and gynecologic cancers.
1959 NE Pacific St., Seattle, WA 98195
See details below for:
Directions from freeways
- Take Exit 168B (Bellevue /Kirkland) onto State Route (SR) 520.
- Take the first exit off SR 520 to Montlake Boulevard NE.
- Turn left onto Montlake Boulevard and continue north.
- Cross the drawbridge and turn left onto NE Pacific Street at the traffic light; move to the right-hand lane.
- Turn right at the second "Patient Parking" directional sign onto NE Pacific Place, then immediately turn right into the Triangle Parking Garage, connected to the medical center via a pedestrian tunnel.
From the east via State Route 520 westbound
- Take the Montlake Boulevard exit.
- Continue north on Montlake Boulevard and cross the drawbridge.
- At the traffic light, turn left onto NE Pacific Street. Turn right at the second "Patient Parking" directional sign onto NE Pacific Place, then immediately turn right into the Triangle Parking Garage, connected to the medical center via a pedestrian tunnel.
Directions from SCCA at South Lake Union
- Travel north on Fairview Ave N or Eastlake Ave E (street becomes Eastlake Ave E).
- Cross the University Bridge.
- Turn Right at NE Campus Pkwy.
- Turn Right at Brooklyn Ave NE.
- Turn Left at NE Pacific St.
- At the stop light, turn left onto NE Pacific Place, then immediately turn right into the Triangle Parking Garage, connected to the medical center via a pedestrian tunnel.
Validation for reduced-rate parking is available for medical center patients and their visitors. Get a validation sticker at the nurses' station to reduce your cost.
The SCCA and the UWMC garages (Surgery Pavilion and Triangle) offer same-day reciprocal parking. Bring your receipt from a participating garage to your next same-day appointment and it will be honored.
To UWMC Surgical Pavilion Garage
- This garage is located under the Surgical Pavilion and is primarily for surgery patients and visitors.
- Enter from NE Pacific Street, and turn left at the stop sign after passing the Emergency Department entrance. Veer left into the Pavilion Parking Garage. Height restriction is 6'7" on levels 2 and 3; 9'6" on level 3.
- Garage hours are 6 a.m. to midnight Monday through Friday. It is closed on weekends. Pay as you leave. After hours parking is NOT available.
- Take garage elevator up to third floor.
To UWMC Triangle Garage
- This underground garage for patient and visitors is accessed from NE Pacific Place off of Pacific Street, across the street from the medical center. (Garage height restriction is 6'8".)
- Parking staff work from 6 a.m. to midnight Monday through Friday and from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Pay as you leave. Parking is free on Sundays. After-hours parking is available.
- A pedestrian tunnel under NE Pacific connects the garage to the third (main) floor of the medical center.
Shuttle and transit
- SCCA free shuttle: See the schedule for our shuttle, which serves UWMC, SCCA at South Lake Union, Seattle Children's, Pete Gross House, and SCCA House.
- Bus service: The UW campus is served by several public transit systems. See trip-planning help.
- Transportation options: Other ways to get around include volunteer drivers, taxis, and airport shuttles.
- Light rail: The light rail begins and ends at the UW Station with nearby stops at Capitol Hill and Westlake stations.