Below are past patient education events sponsored or supported by Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA). Materials from the events are provided in case you missed an event but want to learn more.
2018 NW Melanoma Symposium
Video presentations from the program are available for viewing.
Survivorship Conference: Confluence Health
"Moving beyond cancer to wellness"
November 10, 2017
View presentation slides here.
View past survivorship conference presentations at here.
Sarcoma: A Transdisciplinary Approach
Monday, September 17, 2018
Updates in Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinemia
Saturday, November 3, 2018
Kidney Cancer Patient and Survivor Conference
July 14, 2018
View video presentations from the conference.
- Nicholas Vogelzang, MD, Is the cure of metastatic kidney cancer close? (Watch the video here)
- Jing Zeng, MD, Immuno-radiation therapy (Watch the video here)
- John Gore, MD, MS, Clinical staging in localized and advanced kidney cancer (Watch the video here)
- Petros Grivas, MD, PhD, Recent updates in the management of upper tract urothelial cancer: Focus on biomarkers and clinical data (Watch the video here)
- Meredith Hullar, PhD, Microbiome and the kidney disease (Watch the video here)
- Kathleen Sanders, ARNP, Integrative Medicine: Being your healthiest self (Watch the video here)
Waldenström's Macroglobulinemia Patient Education Program
January 13, 2018
Video presentations from the program are available for viewing as well as PDF downloads of the presentation content.
- Andrew Cowan, MD, Waldenström's Macroglobulinemia 101 (Watch the video here)
- Steven Treon, MD, PhD, Genomic and Treatment Advances in WM (Watch the video here)
- B. Jane Distad, MD, Neuropathy in WM (Watch the video here)
- Kate Ueland, MS, RD, Supporting a Healthy Immune System Through Food (Watch the video here)
Northwest Metastatic Breast Cancer Conference
September 22 - 23, 2017
Video presentations from the Northwest Metastatic Breast Cancer Conference are available for viewing, courtesy of Komen Puget Sound, here.
Northwest Melanoma Symposium
June 10, 2017
Video presentations from the symposium as well as PDF downloads of the presentation content is available for viewing here.
Sarcoma Patient and Caregiver Education Program
April 21, 2017
Presentations from the Sarcoma Patient and Caregiver Education Program are available for download:
- Eleanor Chen, MD, PhD, Pathology of Sarcoma
- Gabrielle Kane, MD, Radiation Oncology Treatment of Sarcoma
- Kate Hammer, PharmD, Medications Used in Sarcoma Treatment
- Debra Loacker, RN, Survivorship After Sarcoma
- Darin Davidson MD, Soft Tissue Sarcoma Surgery
- Venu Pillarisetty, MD, Surgical Advancements in Sarcoma
- Seth Pollack, MD, Sarcoma Immunotherapy