Donations of goods and services can help comfort and enrich our patients and their families during the course of treatment at SCCA. To ensure the safety and well-being of our patients, we cannot accept any items that are not on our “Wish List” below, unless through prior arrangement and approval by the Volunteer Services Office. If you would like to donate an item not on the Wish List, please contact (206) 288-1071 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tax acknowledgement letters can be sent following a donation of approved items.
SCCA Wish List
The following items may be dropped off at the Main Reception desk in the SCCA lobby at 825 Eastlake Avenue, Seattle WA 98109. Please call (206) 288-1071 to arrange a time to drop off larger items.
- Tickets and passes to events and Seattle attractions for use by patients and families
- Gift cards to nearby restaurants, movies, book stores, grocery stores, etc.
- Holiday gifts for patients and families (new and unwrapped, please)
- Individually wrapped candy
- Books & recent magazines in good condition
- New and used wigs (we partner with American Cancer Society to clean used wigs)
View the complete list of service projects benefiting patients and families and how you can offer support.
You may also view our 2016 Holiday Wish List to help make the holiday season a bit brighter our patients and families. There are many ways to help support families during the holidays.
SCCA House Wish List
The following items may be dropped off at SCCA House (patient and family housing) at 207 Pontius Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109 View map. Please call (206) 204-3700 to arrange a time to drop off items.
- Unscented laundry soap
- Healthy snacks and bottled juices/water for welcome baskets
- Quart and gallon size storage bags for patient rooms
- Long distance calling cards
- Books and recent magazines in good condition
SCCA House is also seeking cash donations to help us furnish the common rooms and respond to patient feedback and requests. We would welcome your support – please contact the development office at (206) 288-2070 or (877) 308-3117 or email@example.com to inquire about these opportunities.
Items SCCA Cannot Accept
- Medical devices or equipment (walkers, canes, wheelchairs, etc)
- Medical supplies (new or used)
- Flowers or plants
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I donate a used or new wig?
Yes. We partner with the American Cancer Society to clean used wigs. We have weekly wig fittings for patients in need.
Can I donate my hair to be made into a wig?
No. It is best to contact Locks of Love to make this type of donation.
Can I organize a drive to collect items for patients (such as hats or holiday gifts)?
Please contact Volunteer Services at 206-288-1071 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about your idea.
Whom can I contact about donating an item not on your Wish List?
For more information about donating goods and services, please contact Volunteer Services at 206-288-1071.