Sexes Eligible for Study: Male
- Histologically confirmed adenocarcinoma of the prostate, clinically localized, low or low-intermediate risk disease (T1C/T2a, Gleason = - Primary treatment is active surveillance (AS) with planned annual surveillance biopsies
- Body mass index (BMI) >= 25 kg/m^2; and
- Physically able to undertake a diet and exercise program
Other eligibility criteria may apply.
- Significant cardiovascular disease precluding an exercise program, including recent (within 6 months) myocardial infarction or stroke, pulmonary edema, myocarditis, pericarditis, unstable angina, pulmonary embolism/deep venous thrombosis (PE/DVT), uncontrolled hypertension (systolic blood pressure [SBP] > 200; diastolic blood pressure [DBP] > 110), uncontrolled arrhythmia, heart failure; or
- Insulin dependent diabetes mellitus (DM) and/or metformin use
- Doctor of medicine (MD) confirmed cognitive impairment
- Current alcohol or narcotic abuse
Other exclusion criteria may apply.