Canary Prostate Active Surveillance Study
|Ages Eligible for Study:||21 Years and older|
|Genders Eligible for Study:||Male|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:||No|
|Sampling Method:||Non-Probability Sample|
- Histologically confirmed adenocarcinoma of the prostate.
- Clinically localized prostate cancer: T1-2, NX or N0, MX or M0.
- No previous treatment for prostate cancer (including hormonal therapy, radiation therapy, surgery, or chemotherapy).
- ECOG Performance Status 0 or 1.
- Patient has elected Active Surveillance as preferred management plan for prostate cancer.
- Patient consent has been obtained according to local Institutional Review Board for acquisition of research specimens.
- Patient is accessible and compliant for follow-up.
Prostate biopsy requirements:
- If diagnosis was within one year of baseline visit, participant must have at least one biopsy with at least 10 cores.
- If diagnosis was more than 1 year prior to baseline visit, participant must have a minimum of 2 biopsies, one of which must be within 2 years prior to baseline visit.
- Unwillingness or inability to undergo serial prostate biopsy.
- History of other malignancies, except: adequately treated non-melanoma skin cancer or adequately treated superficial bladder cancer (Ta) or other solid tumors curatively treated with no evidence of disease for > 5 years.