Sexes Eligible for Study: All
- Diagnosis of acute leukemia by World Health Organization (WHO) criteria (e.g.-acute myeloid leukemia, acute lymphoblastic leukemia, acute leukemia of ambiguous origin)
-- * Relapsed after or refractory to prior treatment with at least two regimens or lines of treatment
-- * Prior failure of at least one regimen or line of treatment, with poor cytogenetic or other risk factors, and ineligible for other clinical trials
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status 0 - 3
- Expectation that we can obtain about 10 million blasts from blood and/or marrow (e.g., circulating blast count of 5,000 or greater or cellular marrow with greater than or equal to 20% blasts)
- Bilirubin = - Serum glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase (SGOT) (aspartate aminotransferase [AST]) and serum glutamate pyruvate transaminase (SPGT) (alanine aminotransferase [ALT]) = - Alkaline phosphatase = - Serum creatinine = - Informed consent
- Willing to use contraception when appropriate
- Expected survival is greater than 100 days
Other eligibility criteria may apply.
- Active systemic fungal, bacterial, viral or other infection, unless disease is under treatment with antimicrobials and considered controlled in the opinion of the investigator
- Significant organ compromise that will increase risk of toxicity or mortality
- Pregnancy or lactation
Other exclusion criteria may apply.