Selection of Allogeneic Hematopoietic Cell Donors Based on KIR and HLA Genotypes
- Persons of all ages are eligible for this study.
- Patient must have diagnosis of acute myelogenous leukemia (AML) at MSK or a collaborating treating institution. Patients with de novo AML or AML with preceding myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) are eligible.
- Patient must be a potential candidate for an unrelated transplantation procedure at the time of enrollment even though patient may not be eligible for transplantation in the future due to relapse or presence of co-morbidity(ies).
- An unrelated donor does not need to be identified at the time of enrollment. If an HLA-compatible unrelated donor is not identified for the patient, the patient will be removed from the study.
- Recipients with an available sibling donor matched at HLA-A, HLA-C, and HLA-DRB1 (excluding identical twin siblings).
- Patients for whom post-transplant treatment is planned are not excluded from enrollment.
- Patients with prior allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation for AML. Note: Patients who have undergone prior hematopoietic cell transplantation for a diagnosis other than AML are still eligible for this study.