Functional Liver Imaging with Sulfur Colloid SPECT/CT in Primary and Metastatic Liver Cancer Patients Receiving Liver-Directed Treatment: A Pilot Study
Ages Eligible for Study: 19 Years and older (Adult, Senior)
Sexes Eligible for Study: All
- Patients with a diagnosis of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma, or metastatic liver cancer planned to receive definitive doses of radiation or surgical resection are eligible
- Measurable hepatic disease and/or presence of vascular tumor thrombosis
- Diagnostic CT or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan within 2 months of study entry
- There are no limits on prior therapy; patients are allowed to have prior systemic therapy, radiation therapy, radiofrequency ablation, catheter-based therapies, and surgery; patients are allowed to have concurrent chemotherapy with radiation treatment
- Ability to understand and the willingness to sign a written informed consent document
Other eligibility criteria may apply.
- Patients unable to tolerate a SPECT/CT 99mTc-SC scan
- Patients who are not planning to adhere to the required follow up schedule as outlined in this protocol
- Pregnant women
- Women of childbearing potential and men who are sexually active and not willing/able to use medically acceptable forms of contraception
- Patients unable to provide informed consent
Other exclusion criteria may apply.