|Ages Eligible for Study:||18 Years and older|
|Genders Eligible for Study:||Both|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:||No|
- Patients with CD20+ CLL/SLL that prior to first treatment had either Rai stage III/IV disease or Rai stage I/II with evidence of disease activity as defined by the NCI 1996 guidelines
- Patient has received prior therapy and is in 1st remission with a partial or complete response to treatment.
- Patients may have no more than 25% marrow space involvement by CLL/SLL
- Patient must be age 18 or older.
- Patient must have a ECOG performance status of 0, 1 or 2
- Patient must have an anticipated (untreated) survival of at least 3 months.
- Patient must have adequate:
- Bone Marrow Function: ANC ≥ 1,500/µL, platelets ≥ 100,000/µL within 14 days of dosimetric infusion.
- White blood count less than or equal to 20,000/mm3
- Serum creatinine <2 times upper limit of normal.
- Total bilirubin <2 times upper limit of normal, AST <5 times upper limit of normal.
- Males and females must agree to use a contraceptive method from enrollment to 6 months after receiving I-131 labeled tositumomab.
- Patients who have received prior radiolabeled antibody.
- Patients with active hemolysis.
- Patients must not require sustained transfusion support of blood products.
- Patients in 2nd remission or beyond.
- Patients who have undergone treatment with either stem cell or bone marrow transplant.
- Patients with active obstructive hydronephrosis.
- Patients with evidence of any significant systemic illness, active Hepatitis B infection or other active infection at the time of study entry.
- Patients with New York Heart Association class III or IV heart disease or other serious illness that would preclude evaluation.
- Patients with known HIV infection.
- Patients who are pregnant or nursing.
- Patients with prior malignancy other than CLL/SLL, except for adequately-treated skin cancer (basal cell or squamous cell carcinoma), in situ cervical cancer, or other cancer for which the patient has been disease-free for 5 years unless approved by the PI.
- Patients with known brain or leptomeningeal involvement by malignancy.
- Patients who have, in the opinion of the investigator, other medical, social, or psychosocial factors that may negatively impact compliance or their safety by participation in this study.