|Ages Eligible for Study:||15 Years to 74 Years|
|Genders Eligible for Study:||Both|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:||No|
- Patient had recurrence of osteosarcoma, localized to the lungs, had complete surgical removal of all lung nodules are eligible for enrollment.
- Patient with suspected recurrence of osteosarcoma but who has not had surgery is eligible for enrollment but will not be randomized to receive study medication until deemed fully eligible following surgical removal of all lung nodules.
- Patient had histological confirmed diagnosis of osteosarcoma of the recurrent sample.
- Patient had recurrence of osteosarcoma in the lung following standard therapy including: adriamycin, cisplatin, ifosfamide and methotrexate.
- Patient is ≥ 15 and < 75 years of age.
- Weight ≥ 34 kg.
- ECOG performance score of 0-2.
- Adequate bone marrow function.
- Adequate renal function.
- Adequate hepatic function.
- Adequate cardiac function.
- Women of childbearing potential must have had a negative pregnancy test (urine or serum) ≤ 7 days prior to enrollment, and willingness to use an acceptable method of contraception during participation in the study and for 3 months after the last dose.
- Randomization must occur ≤ 6 weeks after complete surgical resection.
- Patient or legal guardian has signed informed consent.