UW Medical Center - Montlake
University of Washington Medical Center - Montlake is one of the nation's leading academic medical centers. For SCCA patients, UW Medical Center - Montlake provides treatment such as surgery that requires an overnight hospital stay. UW Medical Center - Montlake also provides outpatient care for some SCCA patients, particularly for brain, gynecologic and prostate cancers.
1959 NE Pacific St.
Seattle, WA 98195
Phone: (206) 520-5000
Construction delays for UW Medical Center
On Aug. 9, 2021, Montlake Bridge repairs will begin. The Montlake Bridge will be closed to vehicle traffic for a continuous 26-day span — August 9 to September 3 — and an additional five weekends in the fall (dates pending). The UW Medical Center Montlake campus, UW Medical Center Roosevelt, the primary and urgent care clinic at Ravenna and the Sports Medicine Center at Husky Stadium will remain open for all services. Patients will need to plan on extra travel time to allow for detours and unusual traffic. Light rail transportation is encouraged (as closures will not affect light rail transit). For more information, visit the UW Medicine website.
- Take Exit 168B (Bellevue /Kirkland) onto State Route (SR) 520.
- Take the first exit off SR 520 to Montlake Boulevard NE.
- Turn left onto Montlake Boulevard and continue north.
- Cross the drawbridge and turn left onto NE Pacific Street at the traffic light; move to the right-hand lane.
- Turn right at the second "Patient Parking" directional sign onto NE Pacific Place, then immediately turn right into the Triangle Parking Garage, connected to the medical center via a pedestrian tunnel.
From the east via State Route 520 westbound
- Take the Montlake Boulevard exit.
- Continue north on Montlake Boulevard and cross the drawbridge.
- At the traffic light, turn left onto NE Pacific Street. Turn right at the second "Patient Parking" directional sign onto NE Pacific Place, then immediately turn right into the Triangle Parking Garage, connected to the medical center via a pedestrian tunnel.
- Travel north on Fairview Ave N or Eastlake Ave E (street becomes Eastlake Ave E).
- Cross the University Bridge.
- Turn Right at NE Campus Pkwy.
- Turn Right at Brooklyn Ave NE.
- Turn Left at NE Pacific St.
- At the stop light, turn left onto NE Pacific Place, then immediately turn right into the Triangle Parking Garage, connected to the medical center via a pedestrian tunnel.
Validation for reduced-rate parking is available for medical center patients and their visitors. Get a validation sticker at the nurses' station to reduce your cost.
The SCCA and the UWMC garages (Surgery Pavilion and Triangle) offer same-day reciprocal parking. Bring your receipt from a participating garage to your next same-day appointment and it will be honored.
To UWMC Surgical Pavilion Garage
- This garage is located under the Surgical Pavilion and is primarily for surgery patients and visitors.
- Enter from NE Pacific Street, and turn left at the stop sign after passing the Emergency Department entrance. Veer left into the Pavilion Parking Garage. Height restriction is 6'7" on levels 2 and 3; 9'6" on level 3.
- Garage hours are 6 am to midnight Monday through Friday. It is closed on weekends. Pay as you leave. After hours parking is NOT available.
- Take garage elevator up to third floor.
To UWMC Triangle Garage
- This underground garage for patient and visitors is accessed from NE Pacific Place off of Pacific Street, across the street from the medical center. (Garage height restriction is 6'8".)
- Parking staff work from 6 a.m. to midnight Monday through Friday and from 7 am to 4 pm Saturday. Pay as you leave. Parking is free on Sundays. After-hours parking is available.
- A pedestrian tunnel under NE Pacific connects the garage to the third (main) floor of the medical center.
- SCCA free shuttle: Our shuttle serves UW Medical Center - Montlake, SCCA at South Lake Union, Seattle Children's, Pete Gross House, and SCCA House.
- Bus service: The UW campus is served by several public transit systems. See trip-planning help.
- Transportation options: Other ways to get around include volunteer drivers, taxis, and airport shuttles.
- Light rail: The light rail begins and ends at the UW Station with nearby stops at Capitol Hill and Westlake stations.