Fred Hutch at UW Medical Center - Montlake
Depending on your treatment type, you may require inpatient care. Our 20-bed inpatient hospital is physically located inside of UW Medical Center-Montlake. We also offer some outpatient services at this location.
Our services at this location include:
- Inpatient care: Certain types of radiation and chemotherapy treatment may require you to receive around-the-clock care.
- Surgery: Our surgeons use leading-edge techniques and state-of-the-art equipment to perform traditional, minimally invasive, and robot-assisted procedures.
- Outpatient care: While a majority of outpatient care takes place at our South Lake Union Clinic, some outpatient services are offered at this location.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center is an independent, nonprofit organization that also serves as UW Medicine’s cancer program.
- Take Exit 168B (Bellevue /Kirkland) onto State Route (SR) 520.
- Take the first exit off SR 520 to Montlake Boulevard NE.
- Turn left onto Montlake Boulevard and continue north.
- Cross the drawbridge and turn left onto NE Pacific Street at the traffic light; move to the right-hand lane.
- Turn right at the second "Patient Parking" directional sign onto NE Pacific Place, then immediately turn right into the Triangle Parking Garage, connected to the medical center via a pedestrian tunnel.
From the east via State Route 520 westbound
- Take the Montlake Boulevard exit.
- Continue north on Montlake Boulevard and cross the drawbridge.
- At the traffic light, turn left onto NE Pacific Street. Turn right at the second "Patient Parking" directional sign onto NE Pacific Place, then immediately turn right into the Triangle Parking Garage, connected to the medical center via a pedestrian tunnel.
- Travel north on Fairview Ave N or Eastlake Ave E (street becomes Eastlake Ave E).
- Cross the University Bridge.
- Turn Right at NE Campus Pkwy.
- Turn Right at Brooklyn Ave NE.
- Turn Left at NE Pacific St.
- At the stop light, turn left onto NE Pacific Place, then immediately turn right into the Triangle Parking Garage, connected to the medical center via a pedestrian tunnel.
Validation for reduced-rate parking is available for medical center patients and their visitors. Get a validation sticker at the nurses' station to reduce your cost.
The South Lake Union Clinic and the UW Medical Center - Montlake garages (Surgery Pavilion and Triangle) offer same-day reciprocal parking. Bring your receipt from a participating garage to your next same-day appointment and it will be honored.
To UW Medical Center - Montlake Surgical Pavilion Garage
- This garage is located under the Surgical Pavilion and is primarily for surgery patients and visitors.
- Enter from NE Pacific Street, and turn left at the stop sign after passing the Emergency Department entrance. Veer left into the Pavilion Parking Garage. Height restriction is 6'7" on levels 2 and 3; 9'6" on level 3.
- Garage hours are 6 am to midnight Monday through Friday. It is closed on weekends. Pay as you leave. After hours parking is NOT available.
- Take garage elevator up to third floor.
To UW Medical Center - Montlake Triangle Garage
- This underground garage for patient and visitors is accessed from NE Pacific Place off of Pacific Street, across the street from the medical center. (Garage height restriction is 6'8".)
- Parking staff work from 6 a.m. to midnight Monday through Friday and from 7 am to 4 pm Saturday. Pay as you leave. Parking is free on Sundays. After-hours parking is available.
- A pedestrian tunnel under NE Pacific connects the garage to the third (main) floor of the medical center.
- Fred Hutch free shuttle: Our shuttle serves UW Medical Center - Montlake, South Lake Union Clinic, Pete Gross House, and South Lake Union House.
- Bus service: The UW campus is served by several public transit systems. See trip-planning help.
- Transportation options: Other ways to get around include volunteer drivers, taxis, and airport shuttles.
- Light rail: The light rail begins and ends at the UW Station with nearby stops at Capitol Hill and Westlake stations.