Accreditations and licenses
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) holds accreditations and licenses from the following agencies.
Accreditations and licenses
The 34,000 members of the American College of Radiology (ACR) include radiologists, radiation oncologists, medical physicists, interventional radiologists and nuclear medicine physicians. For more than three-quarters of a century, the ACR has devoted its resources to making imaging safe, effective and accessible to those who need it.
The American Society for Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ASHI) is an international society of professionals dedicated to advancing the science, education and application of immunogenetics and transplant immunology.
The College of American Pathologists (CAP), the leading organization of board-certified pathologists, serves patients, pathologists and the public by fostering and advocating excellence in the practice of pathology and laboratory medicine.
The Commission on Cancer (CoC) is a consortium of professional organizations dedicated to improving survival and quality of life for cancer patients through standard-setting, prevention, research, education and the monitoring of comprehensive quality care.
In December 1994, the International Society for Cellular Therapy and the American Society for Blood and Marrow Transplantation merged their standards into a single document covering all aspects of hematopoietic cell therapy (collection, processing and transplantation). The two societies established the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT) in order to develop a voluntary practice of cellular therapy through its peer-developed standards and voluntary inspection and accreditation program.
In 1951, the American College of Physicians, the American Hospital Association, the American Medical Association and the Canadian Medical Association joined with the American College of Surgeons to create the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospitals (JCAH) as an independent, nonprofit organization whose primary purpose was to provide voluntary accreditation. In January 1953, JCAH began offering accreditation to hospitals. Accreditation processes were subsequently developed for other healthcare organizations and programs, and the name was changed in 1987 to the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO). In 2007, the organization shortened its name to The Joint Commission (TJC).
Additional certificates and licenses
SCCA holds the following additional certificates issued by regulatory and accreditation bodies:
- Center of Excellence for Bone Marrow Transplant and Peripheral Stem Cell Infusions from the Department of Social and Health Services Certificate (PDF)
- Certified Mammography Facility from the Department of Health and Human Services/U.S. Food & Drug Administration Certificate (PDF)
- Accreditation for DMEPOS by the Board of Certification/Accreditation International Certificate (PDF)
- Establishment Registration and Listing for Human Cells, Tissues, and Cellular and Tissue-Based Products from the Food and Drug Administration Certificate (PDF)
SCCA holds these additional licenses from state regulatory bodies:
- For the organization as a whole from the Washington State Department of Health License (PDF)
- License for radioactive materials handling from the Washington State Department of Health, Office of Radiation Protection License (PDF)
- X-ray equipment registration for South Lake Union from the Washington State Department of Health License (PDF)
- X-ray equipment registration for Peninsula from the Washington State Department of Health License (PDF)
- X-ray equipment registration for SCCA at UWMC-Northwest from the Washington State Department of Health License (PDF)
- Certificate for the Handling of Hazardous Materials Handling from the US Department of Transportation for all SCCA Ambulatory Sites Certificate (PDF)
- SCCA Employee Health and Safety Clinic Medical Test Site Certificate of Waiver License - Washington Department of Health License (PDF)
To see all clinical lab-related licenses, accreditations and certificates please visit the clinical labs page.