Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) unites the leading research teams and cancer specialists from Fred Hutch, Seattle Children’s and UW Medicine. At SCCA, our sole purpose is the pursuit of better, longer, richer lives for our patients.
Our alliance partners had an ambitious vision two decades ago: to lead the world in translating scientific discovery into the prevention, treatment and cure of cancer. As we celebrate our 20th anniversary in 2021, that same pioneering vision inspires our work today. We are proud to be recognized as the top cancer hospital in the Pacific Northwest for more than 10 years by U.S. News & World Report.
SCCA combines innovative research with exceptional care. We provide state-of-the-art, patient- and family-centered care; run hundreds of clinical trials that advance the standard of care; support education; and enhance access to improved cancer interventions.
Based in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighborhood, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance is the only National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated cancer center in Washington state. SCCA has nine treatment centers in the greater Seattle region encompassing hematology/medical oncology, radiation oncology and infusion services, as well as Network affiliations with hospitals in five states.
Important facts about care at SCCA
- One of the nation’s top-ranked cancer centers — U.S. News and World Report has consistently ranked SCCA as a top cancer hospital, and the National Cancer Institute (NCI) has designated SCCA as one of only 51 Comprehensive Cancer Centers in the country — and the only one in Washington state.
- Higher survival rates for nearly every kind of cancer — Patients come from around the world to receive their care at SCCA because our people are pioneers in the prevention, treatment and cure of cancer. We combine leading-edge research with exceptional clinical care to offer the best chance of success.
- More state-of-the-art therapies than any other medical center in Washington state — Excellent cancer care is our sole focus. We offer more state-of-the-art therapies than any other medical center in the state of Washington.
- Specialized treatment plans for your particular cancer — A talented and compassionate multi-disciplinary team of specialists works together to create a comprehensive and integrated treatment plan designed specifically for you.
- More groundbreaking clinical trials than any other medical center in the Northwest — SCCA has more than 300 active clinical trials, or research studies, with more than 125 new clinical trials initiated every year. These trials lead directly to improvements in cancer care by assessing the potential of hopeful new treatments.
- Commitment to your mental, physical and spiritual well-being — Our care teams include nutritionists, social workers, therapists, spiritual health clinicians, and natural medicine specialists who will work side-by-side with you and your loved ones to ensure your quality of life is the best it can be before, during and after treatment.
- Unique collaboration of people from three world-class institutions — SCCA was created to bring together the skilled doctors, nurses and scientists of Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, UW Medicine and Seattle Children’s in a unique clinical setting. Our providers conduct advanced research, which enables them to develop cutting-edge treatment plans.
Helpful information for patients
Contact us directly with our online form if you have a question or would like more information.
Our patients have several choices on where to receive their care within the Puget Sound area. You can be seen at one of our SCCA clinics or one of our community sites.
When you come to SCCA for cancer treatment, you will be cared for by a team of specialists, including surgeons, medical oncologists, radiologists, radiation oncologists, fellows and advanced practice providers, including physician assistants and nurse practitioners. Find a provider in our directory.
Learn more about SCCA
Our collective success hinges on each of us conducting ourselves in accord with a set of values — operating principles — in everything we do. Together.
Fred Hutch, Seattle Children's and UW Medicine are our alliance partners. Their vision in 1998 was to lead the world in translating scientific discovery into the prevention, treatment and cure of cancer. It is the same vision that inspires our work today.
SCCA is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, nonprofit corporation governed by an 18-member board of directors. Meet our board as well as our executive management team.
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance's Network Program connects community-based physicians with the latest cancer research and treatment options from our world-renowned physicians, scientists, nurses, counselors and more.
SCCA offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits, a diverse and dynamic work environment and an opportunity to make a difference.
Learn more about the accreditations and licenses SCCA holds.
SCCA seeks to advance the standard of care, both through innovation and the quality of our patient care.View our annual reports, including nursing annual reports.
By engaging with our community, through partnerships with local organizations, education and prevention programs for community members and financial assistance for our patients who need support, SCCA aims to make our care and expertise accessible to the broader population.
The DAISY Award honors the super-human work nurses do for patients and families every day, wherever they practice, in whatever role they serve and throughout their careers.
You can contribute to fulfilling our purpose of fully caring for our patients and their families when you become involved with SCCA. Learn about volunteer opportunities, donations and other ways to help.
SCCA public relations staff is available to assist journalists with questions regarding SCCA, its partner organizations and its patients.