SCCA at UWMC
University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC) is one of the nation's leading academic medical centers, providing specialized medical care in areas such as cardiology, high-risk pregnancy and neonatal intensive care, oncology, orthopaedics, and organ transplantation.
Getting to UWMC
UWMC is located in northeast Seattle, south of the main University of Washington campus. The address is:
1959 N.E. Pacific St.
Seattle, WA 98195
Note: Light rail is coming to the University District, and Sound Transit has begun construction on the UW Station at Husky Stadium, which will open in 2016. From time to time, patients and visitors to UW Medical Center may experience traffic slowdowns because of construction. Portions of the parking surrounding Husky Stadium will be closed; however, the Triangle and Surgery Pavilion garages are reserved for UWMC patients and their families. Check online for the latest on the light rail station construction.
- Take Exit No. 168B (Bellevue /Kirkland) onto State Route (SR) 520.
- Take the first exit off SR 520 to Montlake Boulevard N.E.
- Turn left onto Montlake Boulevard and continue north.
- Cross the drawbridge and turn left onto N.E. Pacific Street at the traffic light; move to the right-hand lane.
- Turn right at the second "Patient Parking" directional sign onto N.E. Pacific Place, then immediately turn right into the Triangle Parking Garage, connected to the medical center via a pedestrian tunnel.
From the east via State Route 520 westbound
- Take the Montlake Boulevard exit.
- Continue north on Montlake Boulevard and cross the drawbridge.
- At the traffic light, turn left onto N.E. Pacific Street. Turn right at the second "Patient Parking" directional sign onto N.E. Pacific Place, then immediately turn right into the Triangle Parking Garage, connected to the medical center via a pedestrian tunnel.
Validation for reduced-rate parking is available for medical center patients and their visitors. Patients and their visitors must have their parking ticket stamped at their place of appointment to receive the discounted parking rate.
Triangle Parking Garage
- This underground parking garage is across N.E. Pacific Street from UW Medical Center.
- Enter the garage from N.E. Pacific Place, one-half block west of Montlake Boulevard.
- A pedestrian tunnel leads from the garage to the third (main) floor of the medical center.
- The garage has 500 parking stalls - 67 of which are labeled for disability parking, and nine are wheelchair accessible.
- Height restriction is 6 feet, 8 inches.
- Parking staff work from 6 a.m. to midnight Monday through Friday and from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday.
- Pay as you leave.
- Garage parking is free on Sundays.
- After hours parking is available only in the Triangle Garage.
Surgery Pavilion Parking Garage
- This garage is located beneath the Surgery Pavilion and is primarily for surgery patients and their visitors.
- Enter the garage from N.E. Pacific Street, and turn left at the stop sign after passing the Emergency Department entrance.
- Disability parking is located on all three parking levels, although Level P1 has limited availability for oversized vehicles.
- Maximum vehicle height is 9 feet, 6 inches on Level P1 and 6 feet, 7 inches on Levels P2 and P3.
- Garage hours are 6 a.m. to midnight Monday through Friday and closed on weekends. Hours are subject to UW special events.
- After hours parking is not available in the Surgery Pavilion Garage.
- Pay as you leave.