Dr. Gow is a pediatric surgeon who treats kidney cancer, melanoma, and sarcoma.
I believe in working with families to achieve a common goal. I think families play a vital role in the care of their child in the hospital and outside the hospital. I try to make sure that caregivers understand why tests and procedures need to be done so that they can work with us to ensure the best possible outcomes.
- Pediatric Surgical Oncology
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Image Guided Surgery
- Sentinel Lymph Node Mapping
- Thoracoscopic lung and mediastinal masses
- Central venous catheters
- Supportive Surgical Care of the Pediatric Oncology Patient
- Children’s Oncology Group Co-Principle Investigator, American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer Liaison
- Education: MD – University of Manitoba
- Residency: General Surgery - UBC
- Fellowship: Pediatric Surgery - UBC
- Other notable training: Pediatric Surgical Oncology – St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital