Dr. Liao treats patients with head and neck cancers, salivary gland cancers, skin cancers, genitourinary cancers, and prostate cancer at UW Medical Center and SCCA Proton Therapy.
I enjoy establishing strong relationships with my patients, providing individualized and compassionate care, and educating patients about their disease process and treatment. I am committed to a multidisciplinary approach in the management of cancers as well as providing state-of-the-art care.
- Treatment of head and neck cancers with a number of radiation therapy techniques including IMRT, electron therapy, and fast neutron therapy
- Treatment of salivary gland tumors, including adenoid cystic carcinomas, with fast neutron therapy.
- Treatment of skin cancers, including melanoma and Merkel cell carcinoma
- Treatment of genitourinary tumors including prostate cancer
- Associate Professor, Radiation Oncology, University of Washington School of Medicine
- Radiation Oncologist, University of Washington Medical Center
- Radiation Oncologist, SCCA Proton Therapy, A ProCure Center
- BS Biology: Duke University, Durham, NC, 1994-1998
- Medical Education: University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI, 1998-2002
- Internship: Transitional Year Medicine, Northwestern University - Evanston Hospital, Evanston, IL, 2002-2003
- Residency: Radiation Oncology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, 2003-2007
- Dr. Liao was recognized as a 2014 "Top Doctor" in Seattle Met magazine's annual survey.
- Dr. Liao has clinical research interests in the management of head and neck cancers including conformal radiotherapy techniques, IMRT, image-guided radiotherapy, fast neutron radiotherapy, and functional imaging. He is involved in clinical trials for patients with head and neck cancers and prostate cancer.