Dr. Ellis is a medical oncologist who treats women with breast cancer.
A breast cancer diagnosis can be frightening yet most patients are cured. I believe in maximizing that likelihood with expert management, leading-edge techniques, and therapeutic partnership.
Breast cancer-multidisciplinary care, dose intrinsity in cancer chemotherapy, maximizing breast cancer cures.
- Oncology Specialist
- Medical Oncology Division, Associate Professor, University of Washington School of Medicine
- University of Washington Medicine, 1982
- Residency: University of Washington Internal Medicine, 6/83-6/85
- Fellowship: University of Washington Medical Oncology, 1985-1988
- Dr. Ellis was recognized as a 2014 "Top Doctor" in Seattle Met magazine's annual survey.
- Visit PubMed for a full listing of Dr. Ellis' journal articles.
Dr. Georgiana Ellis is a medical oncologist at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. She is also an associate professor in the University of Washington’s department of medicine in the Division of Oncology.
After earning her medical degree from the University of Washington School of Medicine, Ellis completed an internal medicine internship and residency and a medical oncology fellowship at the University of Washington Affiliated Hospitals in Seattle. Her research interests include learning more about poor-prognosis breast cancer, metastatic breast cancer, and bone marrow involvement in epithelial ovarian cancer.
Dr. Ellis is principal investigator for many ongoing clinical studies and her research has been published in journals including Cancer, the American Journal of Surgery, and the Journal of Clinical Oncology. She serves on the editorial board of the American Journal of Clinical Oncology.
Dr. Ellis is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the American Association for Cancer Research. She is a life member of the National Registry of Who’s Who and has been included in the Best Doctors in America for several consecutive years.