Sea Mar Community Health Centers is a community-based organization committed to providing quality, comprehensive health and human services to diverse communities, specializing in service to Latinos, with locations along the I-5 corridor from as far south as Vancouver to as far north as the Canadian border.
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) and Sea Mar have agreed to collaborate on education about screening and early detection, and on community outreach (with regard to cancer education). SCCA will participate in Sea Mar's health events, and our oncologists will work with Sea Mar primary care physicians as they care for their cancer patients, opening up new opportunities for clinical research for Latino and minority communities.
About Sea Mar
Sea Mar is committed to:
- A partnership among customers, Sea Mar Board members, and staff providing affordable and accessible quality services.
- Providing continuity of care through an interdisciplinary approach that meets the needs of our communities.
- Providing customer-driven services with respect and sensitivity to persons of all cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Education, health promotion, and disease prevention.
- A diverse workforce in a professional environment that promotes employee satisfaction and well-being.
- Providing education and professional growth opportunities in the bilingual/bicultural delivery of health and social service fields.
- Operating in well-maintained, attractive facilities with high-quality equipment.
- Remaining an independent, non-profit organization that is fiscally sound.
- Leadership and advocacy to empower our communities.
History of Sea Mar Community Health Centers
Sea Mar Community Health Centers was organized by a group of Latino community leaders and health activists who dreamed of developing a comprehensive health center for the Latino community in Seattle, with satellite clinics in rural communities in western Washington. They began in 1978 with one small clinic in the South Park neighborhood of Seattle. Today, Sea Mar is one of the largest providers of health and human services, including community and migrant primary medical and dental care; obstetrics and gynecology; minor outpatient surgery; laboratory and radiology services; outpatient and inpatient behavioral health and substance abuse treatment services; social services and case management; maternal support services; migrant and homeless support services; health education and nutrition programs; pharmacy services, community-, and facility-based long-term care services; affordable housing; and child care.
Sea Mar's mission has always been to serve low-income, underserved, and uninsured communities in western Washington, with a specialization in services to the Latino population. For nearly 30 years, Sea Mar has consistently provided innovative leadership at the local, regional, and national levels in the delivery of bilingual and culturally appropriate healthcare and social services.
Visit the Sea Mar website in english.