Gayatri Reddy, MD
“What I enjoy about being an oncologist is that the field is rapidly advancing,” says Dr. Gayatri Reddy, who is board certified in internal medicine, hematology, and oncology.
“Many more treatment options are available now compared to 15 years ago. People are living longer because we can offer newer drugs that allow for targeted therapy with fewer side effects.”
Dr. Reddy was a fellow in oncology and hematology at the University of California School of Medicine in Davis. Before that, she received her medical degree at Gandhi Medical College and then completed her internal medicine residency at Hahnemann University Hospital in Philadelphia.
She appreciates how relationships with patients are always growing. “Patients tend to trust me with their health. We get attached on a professional basis and even on a personal level as we trade stories.”
She also easily trades information with Group Health physicians. “Electronic medical records have made it easier to communicate with physicians, resulting in better patient care.”
Dr. Reddy values the connection she has with her patients. “I appreciate getting to know a patient quite well and developing a close bond.”
Patient Care Philosophy
“My goal is to provide personalized care for my patients and involve them in making decisions about their medical care.”
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Hematology
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology
- MD, Gandhi Medical College, Osmania University, Hyderabad, India, 1990
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Hahnemann University Hospital, Philadelphia, 1996
- Fellowship, Oncology/Hematology, University of California, Davis, School of Medicine, 1996-99
Contact information: (206) 326-3000