Making the Decision Checklist
Making the Decision
1. Is there an effective treatment for my disease outside of a clinical trial?
2. Am I eligible for a clinical trial?
3. Will my health insurance plan pay for treatment received in a clinical trial?
4. If not, are there other financial resources available to me to pay for treatment in a clinical trial?
5. Travel and transportation: Do I live close to a major cancer center, or am I willing and able to travel in order to receive treatment in a clinical trial?
6. Psychological factors: Do I feel more comfortable with the tried and true, or can I accept the risk of something promising but new?
|NEW||TRIED & TRUE|
Once you've made a decision on whether or not to participate in a clinical trial, you are ready to consider a specific trial or trials.