Families with a loved one facing cancer look for the best possible place to receive their care. But often the best place is located far from home, even out of state.
To help these patients and families who must travel or temporarily relocate for treatment, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance opened SCCA House, a patient housing facility located just blocks from the clinic.
The private guest suites, welcoming communal spaces, and healthy environment are designed to address the physical, emotional, and logistical challenges of cancer treatment. We hear from the families who stay there every day that SCCA House has become their “home away from home,” making their journey through treatment a little bit easier.
Support from private donations has helped us furnish our common rooms – like the Theater and Wellness Room – and also provide financial assistance for families for whom the modest cost of staying at SCCA House would still be too high.
To make a donation today, please use our mail-in donation form or call (206) 288-2070 or (877) 308-3117.
To learn more about staying at SCCA House, or to make a reservation, please call (206) 204-3700 or e-mail email@example.com.
SCCA House Wish List
SCCA House also has an ongoing need for donations of certain items. The following may be dropped off at SCCA House at 207 Pontius Ave. N., Seattle, WA 98109. Please call (206) 204-3700 to arrange a time to drop off your donations.
- Pantry items
- Dry goods, baking goods, canned goods, snacks
- Non-condensed soups (i.e., Progresso type), chowders, chili
- Pasta sauce
- Canned meats: chicken, salmon, beef, SPAM (tuna is not needed at this time)
- Canned veggie’s
- Boxed cereal
- Personal items/toiletries
- Kitchen supplies
- Baking dishes
- Serving platters, bowls
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups
- Serving utensils
- Deep pasta pots
- Books for guests to borrow or take home
- Puzzles, board games
- DVD Players
- Game stations: XBOX 360, PlayStation 3, PSP
- Games for systems
- HE (high efficiency/front loading) liquid laundry soap, bleach
- Dinner trays (ones that will work over a bed or chair)
- Fold open luggage racks for smaller rooms’
- Toilet paper and paper towels for those who can’t afford to restock
- Quart and gallon size storage bags for kitchens
- CD Players and relaxing CD’s (especially for the meditation room)
- Yoga mats and yoga balls
- Non-skid rugs for doorways to courtyard. (floor is slippery when raining)
- Kitchen floor mats by dishwashers (also to prevent slipping)
Thank you for your support of SCCA House and our patient and family guests!