Depending on your diagnosis or treatment, your medical team and dietitian may recommend a certain diet to assist with your treatment and recovery. Consult a nutritionist for a more individualized diet for your needs by calling your team coordinator or scheduler.
- General Oncology Diet Guidelines — The General Oncology Diet Guidelines are for patients with decreased immune function, such as those with low white blood cells counts (absolute neutrophil count less than 1,000 mm3). Please work with your medical team and dietitian to follow these guidelines safely.
- Transplant Diet Guidelines — The transplant diet guidelines are specifically developed for transplant patients to reduce the risk of infection and illness due to food and drinks during the transplant process.
- Guidelines for Herbal & Nutrient Supplements During Transplant — Herbs and nutritional supplements may affect the effectiveness of your treatment and even cause serious infection in patients receiving high-dose chemotherapy or bone marrow transplants. This guide will help you avoid problems.
- Osteoporosis Nutrition Guidelines — These guidelines can help reduce loss of bone mineral density and risk of osteoporosis, an issue for patients receiving long-term treatment with prednisone or other corticosteroids.
- Gastrointestinal Diet Guidelines — These guidelines can help reduce gastrointestinal (GI) discomfort (abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea) after eating.
- Water Safety Guidelines — Follow these tips and check with your local health department and utility to determine if tap water in your community is safe for immunosuppressed people.
- Food Safety Guidelines — Learn how to avoid foodborne illness, which is especially important while going through cancer treatment. We’ve compiled a list of Food Safety Resources for additional information.
- Infant Formula Safety Guidelines — Guidelines for caring for infant children and keeping their food safe while they are receiving treatment.
- Holiday Food Safety — Handy tips for keeping your holiday meals healthy and safe for everyone to enjoy.