Your First Visit
A diagnosis of cancer can feel overwhelming. Knowing what to expect may help as you prepare for your first visit. Seattle Cancer Care Alliance (SCCA) staff are ready to guide you at every step.
This information will help you prepare and get the most from your visit.
- How to Prepare and what to bring
- What to Expect at your first visit
- Guidelines for Patients, such as using secure email and alerting clinic staff when you have cold symptoms
- Tips for International Patients, such as arranging for interpreters and visas
If you need an interpreter for yourself or a family member, we will arrange it.
You may also find this information helpful.
- Transportation, with details on our free shuttle, local transit, and transportation assistance for people with cancer
- Disease & Treatments, to help you learn more about your illness and treatment options
- Insurance & Billing, for answers to questions about costs and financial assistance
- Living Wills to spell out your health care choices ahead of time
- Power of Attorney for Health Care to appoint someone to make medical decisions on your behalf if you are unable to
- Patient Rights and Responsibilities to help you take an active role in your health care