Your First Appointment
Welcome to the Breast and Ovarian Cancer Prevention Program (BOCPP) at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance. Your first appointment will be at the SCCA Clinic on Lake Union. This appointment usually lasts 2-4 hours. We recommend that you bring a friend or family member with you to help keep track of the information that your team will be giving you.
Forms You Need for Your First Appointment
Please download, print and complete the Breast and Ovarian Cancer Prevention Program Intake Form , BOCPP Cancer Worry questionnaire, medication history form. These forms should be completed and faxed (206-288-6406), emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org), or mailed (GICPP, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, 825 Eastlake Ave E, E2-102, Seattle, WA 98109-1023) at least 1-2 weeks prior to your appointment. Your providers will review these, along with your relevant medical and family records, several days prior to meeting with you.
- Breast and Ovarian Cancer Prevention Program Intake Form (click to download PDF)
- BOCPP Cancer Worry questionnaire (click to download PDF)
- Medication History Form (click to download PDF)
At your appointment, you will meet with a team of breast and ovarian cancer experts, including a medical oncologist, a genetic counselor, a nutritionist, and a gynecological oncologist. You'll receive information about hereditary and non-hereditary breast and ovarian cancer risk factors and strategies for risk reduction.
General Reminders and Suggestions
Below is a checklist to help you prepare for your appointment. If you have any questions, please contact your patient care coordinator.
- You will be asked to complete the Cold and Flu Symptom Survey each time you visit SCCA during cold and flu season. Caregivers should avoid coming to the Clinic with cold and flu symptoms. Click here to view SCCA's Cold and Flu Symptom Information Sheet.
- Be sure to take note of your appointment time and bring any records or imaging CDs as requested by your patient care coordinator.
- Click here for directions to SCCA or download a map. Parking is available in the SCCA garage. The cost is up to $4.00 per day with validation.
- Bring your insurance card.
- Don't forget to complete the forms above, and fax, email, or mail them as directed above.
- Bring a list of questions to ask your care team. These questions are a good place to start.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Bring a book or magazine to help pass the time between appointments.
Orienting Yourself at SCCA
Below is information that you may find helpful in orienting yourself to SCCA. View or print and read at your leisure.
- Breast and Ovarian Cancer Prevention Program Overview
Here's a quick introduction to SCCA's Breast and Ovarian Cancer Prevention Program and the services that we offer.
- SCCA Clinic Information (download PDF)
This downloadable brochure includes a list of important phone numbers, a summary of patient rights and responsibilities, a directory of SCCA Clinical Services, financial and billing information, and more.
- Housing Information (download PDF)
Includes information about where to stay in Seattle during your treatment at SCCA.
- Introduction to SCCA Video (click here to watch)
- SCCA Clinic Facility Fee Charges (download PDF)
- Sending and Receiving Encrypted Email (download PDF)
SCCA encrypts all email that’s sent between you and your doctors and nurses and anyone else you email at SCCA. These instructions explain how to set up secure email.