William I. Bensinger, MDDr. Bensinger treats patients with multiple myeloma, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and Hodgkin's lymphoma.
Patient Care Philosophy:
I think it is important to understand patients' needs and goals during the management of their disease. Once I understand this, I feel I am better able to suggest appropriate therapies designed to minimize symptoms and achieve their wishes. Above all I value a patient's autonomy with regard to the management of their illness; the patient has to undergo any proposed treatments and thus must have the last word with regard to therapy choices.
- Director, Autologous Marrow Transplant Program, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- Member, Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Professor of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine
Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation, Targeted Radiotherapy, Immunotherapy
Education And Training
- Northwestern University, 1973
The videos below feature Dr. Bensinger and Dr. Noopur Raje of Massachusetts General Hospital, who were interviewed at the "Living Well With Multiple Myeloma" seminar at SCCA in the fall of 2011.
- Stem Cell Transplant With Lenalidomide Maintenance in Patients With Multiple Myeloma (2434)
- Lenalidomide + Bortezomib + Dexamethasone for Multiple Myeloma (2477)
- Yttrium Y 90 anti-CD45 monoclonal antibody BC8 + Chemo + TDI before Transplant for Multiple Myeloma (2450)
- Lenalidomide/Dexamethasone for Newly Diagnosed Myeloma (2521)
- Carfilzomib and Pomalidomide With Dexamethasone for Relapsed or Refractory Multiple Myeloma
- MLN9708 Plus Lenalidomide and Dexamethasone for Relapsed and/or Refractory Multiple Myeloma (2606)
- Carfilzomib w/ Cyclophosphamide and Dexamethasone pre STM for Multiple Myeloma (2599)