Trent L. Tredway, MD
Dr. Trent Tredway is a neurosurgeon who specializes in spinal neurosurgery. He has special expertise in minimally invasive techniques and has published several articles on these recently developed techniques. After completing his residency in neurosurgery, he did a fellowship in spinal nuerosurgery at the University of Chicago. At the University of Washington, he has faculty appointments in the departments of Neurological Surgery and Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine.
Among his clinical interests are complex spinal surgery, spinal cord tumors, and spinal cord injuries. His patient care philosophy is based on working with patients to develop a treatment plan after the specific medical problem is identified.
“It is important to derive a treatment plan based on clinical acumen and sound judgment,” Dr. Tredway says, “as well as with active patient input. With this philosophy, the patient and physician can choose the best course of treatment for the specific medical problem.”
When he isn’t caring for his patients, Dr. Tredway enjoys mountain biking, snowboarding, and fishing.
Trent L. Tredway, MDDr. Tredway is a neurosurgeon who specializes in spinal neurosurgery. He has special expertise in minimally invasive techniques and has published several articles on these recently developed techniques. Read more about Dr. Tredway and his work at SCCA.
- Assistant Professor, Neurological Surgery; Assistant Professor, Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine
- Attending Neurosurgeon, University of Washington Medical Center and Harborview Medical Center
General neurosurgery and spine tumors; Specially trained in less invasive surgical techniques.
Education And Training
- Fellow in Spinal Neurosurgery: University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois July 2003-present
- Resident in Neurological Surgery: Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, July 1997-June 2003
- MD: Rush Medical College, Chicago, Illinois, June 1997
Graduate coursework in cellular and molecular regulation, cellular oncogenes, immunology, and biochemistry: Saint Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri
September 1991-May 1992
For more information about Dr. Trent L. Tredway's clinical and research expertise, click here.