Timothy M. Carlos, MDDr. Carlos is a hematologist and medical oncologist who treats patients exclusively at SCCA at EvergreenHealth.
Patient Care Philosophy:I enjoy the interpersonal relationships with my patients and their families. While the goal is to cure all my patients, I try to express that I will always be with them through their journey.
Dr. Carlos's Resume
Medical Oncologist, SCCA at EvergreenHealth
Board Certified Medical Oncology
Primarily sees patients with gastrointestinal or lung cancers, as well as genitourinary and head/neck cancers.
He does not see patients with breast or gynecologic malignancies.
Board Certified Hematology
Sees patients with benign and malignant hematologic disorders.
- Faculty, University of Pittsburgh 1991-2007
- Interim Division Chief, 2001-2002
- Chief Hematology/Oncology at Veteran's Affairs Medical Center Pittsburgh 2001-2007
Education And Training
- Medical degree: Georgetown University
- Internship and residency: Temple University in Philadelphia
- Hematology oncology fellowship: University of Washington
Dr. Carlos's Story
In addition to seeing patients, Dr. Carlos is active in clinical research trials for gastrointestinal and lung cancers, as well as malignant hematology.
The future of medicine he sees that "a shift in a molecular approach to therapies will supersede the historical use of chemotherapy."
Outside of work, Dr. Carlos enjoys outdoor activities, photography, and reading.