Thomas K. Varghese, Jr., MDDr. Varghese is the director of the thoracic surgery program at Harborview Medical Center and a fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS).
Patient Care Philosophy:
"Ideal health care should be focused on the needs of our patients and their families. Our team of health-care professionals is committed to delivering the highest quality health care possible in an environment of service excellence. We practice state-of-the art medicine in combination with old-fashioned personal attention, thus combining the best in expertise with the best in bedside care. Exceptional patient care is our highest priority."
- Associate Professor, Department of Surgery, University of Washington School of Medicine
- Director, Thoracic Surgery Program, Harborview Medical Center
Benign and malignant dieseases of the lungs, esophagus, chest wall, and mediastinum; thoracic trauma; and minimally invasive applications for general thoracic surgery.
Education And Training
- MBBS/MD: Government Medical College – Trivandrum, University of Kerala, India, 1996
- MS: Clinical Investigation, Northwestern University, Chicago, 2003
- Residency: General Surgery, Northwestern University, Chicago, 1998 - 2005
- Fellowship: Research Fellowship in Transplantation, Northwestern University, 2001-03
- Fellowship: Cardiothoracic Surgery Fellowship, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 2005-07
- Dr. Varghese was recognized as a 2012 "Top Doctor" in Seattle Met's 2012 annual survey.
- Languages: English, Malayalam