Michael D. Saunders, MDDr. Saunders is board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. He is also director of the Digestive Disease Center at UW Medical Center.
Patient Care Philosophy:
I focus on involving patients in treatment and preventive care.
- Clinical Professor of Medicine University of Washington School of Medicine
- Director, Digestive Disease Center, UW Medical Center
His clinical focus is on advanced therapeutic endoscopy including endoscopic ultrasound (EUS), pancreaticobiliary endoscopy (ERCP), endoscopic mucosal resection and ablation of early gastrointestinal cancers, balloon enteroscopy of the small intestine, and endoscopic stenting.
Dr. Saunders is board-certified in internal medicine and adult gastroenterology.
Education And Training
- Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA. BS, Biochemistry, 1989
- Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI., M.D, 1993
- Internship and Residency in Internal Medicine, University of Washington Affiliated Hospitals, Seattle, Washington, 1993-1996
- Fellowship in Gastroenterology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, 1996-1999