Melissa P. Upton, MDDr. Upton is a pathologist with expertise in gastrointestinal, liver, and pancreatic pathology, cytopathology, and in the application of immunohistochemical and molecular markers to diagnostic pathology issues.
Patient Care Philosophy:
Collaboration as a team member in defining diagnosis, therapy, and frontier-breaking clinico-pathologic initiatives offers optimal patient care. I also take great pride in working with students and residents as they gain confidence and mastery in clinical decision-making and in investigation of disease processes.
Dr. Upton's Resume
- Director, Rodger C. Haggitt Gastrointestinal and Hepatic Pathology Service
- Professor of Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Washington
General surgical pathology with focused interests in gastrointestinal, liver, and pancreatic pathology, cytopathology, and oral cancer.
Application of immunohistochemical and molecular markers to diagnostic pathology issues.
Education And Training
- Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL, 1978
- Residencies: Northwestern University Medical School Anatomic Pathology, 1979-1982
- The Children's Hospital, Boston, Mass.
- Fellowship: Pediatric Pathology, 1982-83
- Dr. Upton was recognized as a 2013 "Top Doctor" in Seattle Met magazine's annual survey.
American Board of Pathology Certifications in Anatomic Pathology and Cytopathology